Thursday 3 March 2016

High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT Training)

As from my previous blog, this is sort of a second part to it and the content of this blog will be on high intensity interval training otherwise known as HIIT training. For everyone trying to get summer ready, this is a routine which you should highly consider also for burning fat. For me weightlifting is a major factor in my training, so HIIT training works out well with this, not only for weightlifters, but for the normal person who doesn’t do weights, this is a good exercise to do.

So when is it a good time to do HIIT training you may ask, this is completely subjective on the person, when I do HIIT training I generally do it after my weights routine as my body is already at peak fat burning. HIIT training is also good because you’re heart rate fluctuates up and down all the time due to the nature of the exercise. Additionally, you sacrifice the least amount of muscle loss, but burn a lot of fat. So for the people out there worried about losing their muscles because of cardio. This misconception is simply not true, you just take a different approach to cardio.

I will briefly provide a routine, just in case you have not encountered HIIT training before, an example as seen below,

·        Running at a maximum effort for 20/30 seconds, then walk for 1 minute to give you sufficient recovery time. You can adapt the routine the more regularly you do it.

HIIT training and fasted cardio are my two favourite modes of doing cardio as I found them personally most effective for me. I would definitely recommend cardio, not only for the fat burning purposes to get you summer ready, but in medical terms it is good for your heart and internally to be more healthy as it pushes the blood all around your body, which in turn helps you’re circulation.

So cardio isn’t all that bad after all, and gets you in the summer shape you want to be in faster. Thanks for reading another blog,

JSN

No comments:

Post a Comment