Tuesday 26 April 2016

Friday Weights Routine (Recap Day)

This day as for the title of the blog is a recap day for me, there is no formal routine set. I take this day in a week to week basis due to the fact that each week I might want to work or improve on a certain area as opposed to another area (meaning muscle groups). At the moment, I am currently trying to build my legs and get them in overall better condition, so usually my Friday is going over legs, but other weeks it may be my chest or arms.

I find it beneficial to give me a day where I have free reign to select whatever I want to do as from the other days, all the major body parts have already been worked and covered. Throughout the week you will have an idea of what you specifically want to cover, this is very much subjective as no one knows you’re body more than yourself, so ultimately it is important to cover an area which you feel needs improvement on; as every workout is important on reaching or achieving your fitness goals.

Whichever body part you select on this day I wouldn’t do a full routine as this already has been done. However, I would go over it with key movements and exercises that you feel are the most beneficial in that muscle group and to maximise the pump without not getting the most out of your workout.

So for example, if I was to do chest recap I would do all the three benches, flat, incline and decline. I would move onto cable fly’s after that adjusting the cables at different angles to target different points in the chest. High point, mid-point and low point. To finish with after that I would aim to do push-ups to failure e.g. aim to last for 1 minute worth. At this point your chest will have a fantastic pump and doesn’t take ling, it is a fairly quick workout.

Moreover, you could after you've done chest cover arms, like do a quick triceps workout, which could consist of cable pull downs to failure, then do dips until failure to burn that muscle group and get all the blood flowing and leave with a good feeling that you've had a great workout and have a great pump, feeling good about yourself and, you’ve had a good training week and can look forward to you’re cheat meal at the weekend, which you have probably been planning throughout the week.

Thanks again for tuning in,

JSN.

No comments:

Post a Comment